My Erasmus Experience in Denmark

 


Going on an Erasmus was an eye opener. Before I went to Denmark two weeks ago I had not travelled to any other country at all, I had only been in Spain. 

I experienced plenty of culture shocks. For example, I noticed that danish people are at first really distant but when you start talking to them and engage in a conversation they are really kind and they are quite good listeners. Maybe it is because they do not talk as much as we, spaniards, do.

I also became more aware of the importance that education has. In Denmark we visited a school and it was incredible. At first sight you could definitely tell that there was a lot of money invested in the facilities and you could also see that the classes were serious and that the pupils were treated like grown-ups. They were not just treated like they were adults, they kind of were adults. Most of them lived by themselves in a school residence or even in an apartment with the money that the State provided them to do so. The students of our age were also allowed to work as cashiers, au pairs, tutors, etc and they were also payed by the State if they did. So overall, they were compensated for studying and working.

I was excited to come back to Spain but when I got here I felt nostalgia because I was already missing learning about the danish customs and language, the school and the genuinely interesting people that I met.

Irene  1º Bach


 

Comments

Popular Posts