Improving our skills with Global Classrooms


Talking about Global Classrooms makes me go to a year ago when my classmates and I did it in 2022...

Global Classrooms is an activity in which you must work in partners representing a delegation of a country and solve a worldwide issue with other delegations contributing resolutions. 

I had the amazing opportunity to have my best friend as my work partner because it is more comfortable to work with someone you know. 

Every high school must hold a Mock Conference for the teachers to choose the 10 best delegations to pass to the next round. My classmates and I were nervous. We had everything prepared, and even though we knew what to do, we did not know how to do it. Everything went normally for the rest, but for my partner and I, it went horribly. We got into several discussions because we did not know how to handle different situations. Also, our resolution was a bit problematic because we could not find a sponsor, and apart from that, other delegations assured their votes for our resolution but that did not occur. We got out of the conference tearful. After our teachers decisions, we were the lucky ones to get selected. Even though our appearance at the conference was not exceptional, we made a huge effort. 

The second conference was for practice. The high schools IES Conde Orgaz and IES Santamarca practiced with us. Everything went great, we partnered up with other delegations for our resolution, we discussed things correctly, our resolution was the most voted one and we were chosen for the 2nd best delegation! 

When we were prepared for Madrid´s Regional GC Conference, in person, unfortunately, due to the new variant of covid (Omicron), it had to change and become online. We were all heartbroken, but we had to practice again in an online format... 

It was the day of Madrid´s Regional GC Conference, we were anxious, but we were ready to start. Everything went perfectly, our opening speech and forms of the debate were amazing. Three of my classmates, representing other delegations, and us, ended the conference being chosen for "Best Leadership." 

It has been an amazing opportunity given to me. I have had a whole new experience because it has strengthened my debate and communication skills.

Samia 4A


Comments

Popular Posts