Film Industry Casting in our school

Since I was very young I loved watching films and acting but I never expected to make something of it.

A few months ago, I was doing PE with some of my classmates when a teacher called all of the girls that were participating in the class. We were not intrigued by what our teacher was going to say to us. We believed she was about to tell us that we had to complete an assignment or that we had to cancel one of our many exams but instead she offered us to participate in a film casting. Of course, most of us were very excited and we all gladly accepted the offer.

A few weeks after, we had to meet at the assembly room at recess time. We had no clue of what we were going to do. I personally thought we were going to act in front of all of the girls that were auditioning but thank goodness I was wrong because that would have been awkard. We entered into the room after waiting for several minutes and there was a woman standing at the end of the room. She explained to us what we had to do very vaguely and she starting calling each one of us individually.

I was the second girl she called for. She asked me a few questions regarding what I did that last weekend and after one or two minutes I was done. I waited for some of my friends and then we headed back to english class.

A week passed by and four of the girls that auditioned including me were told by the casting company that we had to go to the centre of Madrid to do another casting. I was so thrilled I almost started jumping. 

I went there and this time I did have to act. It was not difficult at all and when I was coming back home I had a very good feeling about it. However I did not get a call for four months until one day. I was doing an erasmus in Denmark and I got a text message from the same casting company. They asked me if I was willing to do a final casting on zoom and I accepted because, who would not? 

I finally got a role in the film. It is a small one and I will only be shooting for two days but I am still grateful for this opportunity and hopefully I can participate in more film projects because of it.

Irene 1º Bach

Comments

Popular Posts